Do you Know??
Most Popular Computer Facts
1. The world's first computer, called the Z1, was invented by Konrad Zuse in 1936. His next invention, the Z2 was finished in 1939 and was the first fully functioning electro-mechanical computer.
2. The first computer mouse was invented by Doug Engelbart in around 1964 and was made of wood.
3. The first domain name ever registered was Symbolics.com.
• 4. There are approximately 1,319,872,109 people on the Internet.
• 5. By the year 2012 there will be approximately 17 billion devices connected to the Internet.
6. On eBay, there are an average of $680 worth of transactions each second.
7. Domain names are being registered at a rate of more than one million names every month.
8. There are approximately 1.06 billion instant messaging accounts worldwide.
10. E-mail has been around longer than the World Wide Web.
11. The average computer user blinks 7 times a minute, less than half the normal rate of 20.
12. One of every 8 married couples in the US last year met online.
13. The average 21 year old has spent 5,000 hours playing video games, has exchanged 250,000 e-mails, instant and text messages and has spent 10,000 hours on the mobile phone.
14. MySpace reports over 110 million registered users. Were it a country, it would be the tenth largest, just behind Mexico.
15. While it took the radio 38 years, and the television a short 13 years, it took the World Wide Web only 4 years to reach 50 million users.
16. For every 'normal' webpage, there are five porn pages.
17. Another name for a Microsoft Windows tutorial is 'Crash Course'!
18. Seagate introduced the first hdd for pcs in 1979.It held 5 M.B of data
19.One terabyte(1000 gigabytes) is equivalent to storing a stack of
documents that is more than 16 times the height of New York's empire
20.Top Ten Supercomputers of Today:-
Arranged according to the speed:-
1. Bluegene/L DD2 Beta-system(IBM).
2. Columbia (NASA).
3. Earth Simulator (NEC).
4. MareNostrum(Barcelona Supercomputer Center).
5. Thunder (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory).
6. ASCI Q(Los Alamos National Laboratory).
7. System X(Virgina Tech).
8. Blugene/L DD1 Prototype(IBM).
9. eServer pSeries 655 cluster(Naval Oceanographic Office).
10. Tungsten(National Center For Supercomputing Applications).
21. The nVidia GeForce 6800 ultra has 222 million transistors which is the
record for the max. no. transistors on a chip.
22. The code name for the 12 engineers who designed the IBM pc was :-
'The dirty dozen'.
23.Bill Gates math SAT score was a perfect 800.
24.Bill Gates home was designed using a Mac!
25.David Bradley wrote the code for [Ctr]+[Alt]+[Delete] key sequence
26.Disk drive recording head fly height (gap between the head and disc when the drive is spinning ) is less than 1 microinch while:-
A red blood cell is 300 microinches is diameter.
A particle of tobacco smoke is 250 microinches.
A particle of smog is 100 microinches.
A human hair is 4000 microinches.
27.The computer in your cell phone has more processing power than all the computers in the Apollo 11 Lunar Lander that put 2 men on the moon.
28. There are 6,000 new computer virus's released every month.